The Staff Accountant is responsible for various general accounting duties related to Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Time & Attendance, and General Ledger. Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Payroll processing as well as Payroll related submissions to third parties.
- Daily application of cash received.
- Daily invoicing to customers and Debit & Credit Memo processing.
- Month end closings, financial reporting, and Account analysis.
- Coordinate various cash account activities, authorize fund transfers, ensure confidentiality of cash related information.
- Tracking and reporting on all cash accounts.
- Sales and Use Tax tracking, reconciliation, and reporting.
- Daily contact with a large variety of internal employees and external customers, vendors, regulatory agencies, and financial institutions as required for problem resolution.
- Minimum of an Associate degree in Accounting. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred.
- 5+ years related experience including processing payroll, utilizing outside payroll processor and automated time & attendance systems.
- Experience with ADP preferred.
- Demonstrable knowledge of local, state and federal payroll and tax laws, regulations, and compliance requirements.
- Ability to establish workflows, manage multiple tasks, and meet necessary deadlines.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong computer skills – proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)