Under the general direction of the Quality Manager, the Quality Engineer will provide improvement actions based upon data analysis and decision making. This position will ensure quality of parts produced meet customer expectations and will take action when non-conformances are found. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Collect and analyze warranty and internal defect data for reporting, and to make improvement recommendations.
- Train employees in the use of inspection equipment while explaining results achieved.
- Oversee and maintain the corrective action process to ensure closure and effectiveness.
- Coordinate and oversee process audits and monitor the results.
- Ensure the company follows and maintains the Quality Management System.
- Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business related field.
- Minimum of 6 years of quality assurance experience related to manufacturing/assembly with a strong mechanical aptitude.
- Exposure to fabrication and machining processes is desirable.
- Knowledge and use of data analysis tools and/or six sigma background.
- ASQ Certification highly desirable.